Founded in 1947, Acme Construction Company is a third generation family business located in Modesto, California. Acme’s strength is its ability to provide services and support through every phase of a construction project, from scheduling and cost estimation prior to construction, right up through the day that the owners move in.
“Post Modern Marketing is a partner we can trust to support us for years to come.”
Concerns About the Old Website
Acme Construction Company began soliciting web development companies because they recognized some key deficits in their existing website. Some particular issues they noted at the time included:
- Outdated aesthetics that made it clear that the site was several years old.
- A “cartoony” look that undermined the company’s professionalism.
- An underwhelming user experience.
Acme’s owners understood that their existing site was actively undermining their ability to establish rapport and trust with potential clients, and fixing these issues was of paramount importance.
Acme’s Goals for Their New Site
It’s never enough to just fix existing issues. A new website should add to what was already there, fulfilling newly recognized needs and improving the level of service to potential and existing customers.
Given that the types of clients that Acme courts are looking to spend six or seven figures, at least, it was imperative Acme’s new website achieve the following three goals.
- Validate their resume. That is, give visitors visual proof that Acme had performed the work they said they had.
- Make their experience and the quality of their work evident. It’s one thing to do a job, it’s another thing to do a job well. Acme’s new site had to make it easy for visitors to view images of their previous work, and in enough detail so that their craftsmanship and skill could be perceived.
- Make it easier for subcontractors to bid on work. Subcontractors are the life blood of companies like Acme, providing them with the manpower and support needed to complete jobs on time and under budget. Simplifying the bid submission process for subcontractors would put more talent at Acme’s fingertips.
Why Acme Chose Post Modern Marketing
One of Acme’s main priorities in selecting a web development company was in finding a firm that had specific experience in working with the construction industry. Companies in industries involving construction, agriculture, and other large-scale service often experience frustration when working with web designers, as many such firms and freelancers are usually ignorant of the needs and priorities of companies in these industries.
Acme ultimately chose Post Modern Marketing due to our portfolio of websites we had previously developed for construction companies.
We go the extra mile, or the extra 80 in this case. Emily visited Acme to train their team on how to use and update their new website.
Acme’s Perspective on the Web Development Process
Kent Newswander, Acme’s Senior Project Manager and Estimator, was our contact throughout the duration of the project. Kent stated that this was his first personal experience in working with a web developer, and described his experience with PMM as “excellent,” saying that Post Modern Marketing had successfully remedied their old website’s weaknesses, and had fulfilled the additional goals that Acme had identified.
Acme had expressed concern during the development process about their ability to take full advantage of the website, and to update it in the future. To address this, Emily Baker, PMM’s Operations Manager, traveled out to Modesto to provide hands-on training to Kent Newswander and Sharleen Hughes, Acme’s Project Administrator. In addition, Emily created several customized tutorial videos in response to specific questions from Kent and Sharleen, as well as a support document.
Kent reflected on his experience with PMM by saying that, thanks to our understanding of Acme’s industry, the entire process was “easy to navigate,” and that Post Modern Marketing “is a partner we can trust to support us for years to come.”