Josh Rubin grew up in Southern California, and first discovered an interest in web design when he built his first website in the mid-1990s, and began his Internet marketing career in 2003 as a graphic designer and web developer. He developed an expertise in SEO, web development, and overall marketing strategy, and has run marketing campaigns for both startups and established national companies. In 2009 he launched his own SEO and web design company, Creative California, and in 2016 merged his company with Post Modern Marketing and subsequently became the owner and CEO. In his free time, he volunteers with Sacramento’s SCORE, suffers through one terrible 49ers season after another, and explores Sacramento’s countless brunch offerings.
In the News
Josh has been interviewed, quoted, or featured in publications across the web. Check some of them out below!
Company Awards & Certifications
- 4th Fastest Growing Company - Business Journals
- Top Advertising Companies - Business Journals
- Top Companies in the US - Upcity - Multiple Lists
- Top Companies - Clutch - Multiple Lists & Markets
- Top Digital Marketing Companies - Expertise
- Google Partners
Personal Awards & Certifications
- Buying Facebook Likes Sucks, Here’s The Data To Prove It!
- 6 Safer Alternatives to Buying and Selling on Craigslist
- Is It Really a Good Idea to Follow a Passion?
- What the 2016 Election Teaches Business About Being Ahead of the Curve
- Ask Away: Is It Ever Okay to Say ‘No’ at Work?
- Building a Better Blog for Reputation Management
- The Collateral Damage of Google’s Link Policy
- Founders Share Their Scariest Startup Stories
- Tips for a Successful Business Blog
- How These Smart Job Seekers Used Blogging To Find Jobs
- Yelp Help
- 5 Things Self-Employed SEOs Think You Must Know Before Going Solo
- Land Your Dream Job With These Expert Advices
- Tune Up Your Web Presence
- 9 Expert Tips for Landing Your Dream Job
- Twitter Best Practices for Small Businesses
- What to Look for in an SEO Company
- 5 Great Ways to Promote Your Services Online (Other Than SEO)
- Top Tips and Tools for Online Reputation Management
- 10 SEO Freelancing Lessons I’ve Learned After 1250 Hours Tracked On UpWork
- Everything you need to know about Google’s ‘Mobile Friendly’ update
- 15 Marketing Experts to Follow on Social Media
- 15 Social Media Hacks for the Business Newbie from the Pros
- eCommerce Design: How to Design the Perfect Page Footer
- Yelp Can’t Be Trusted: Try One Of These Alternatives Now
- The 6 Most Inefficient Web Development Practices
- Surviving the Real Estate Off-Season
- SEO Friendly URLs
- eCommerce Web Performance & Speed: Experts Share Common Mistakes (& How to Improve)
- Does Baldness Equal Lost Job Opportunities? The Economic Effects Are Hairy
Read Josh's latest posts, musings and deep-dives into the world of marketing here.